WTUZ Contest Rules
The following rules are applicable to all contests, giveaways and promotions sponsored by or held in conjunction with WTUZ Radio Inc. (the “Station”):
1) Employees of the Station and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. “Immediate Family” shall include spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and co-habitating “significant other”. Residents of the same household are also considered “Immediate Family“, whether or not related by blood or marriage.
2) Employees and their immediate families of other FCC-licensed broadcast stations are not eligible to participate.
3) In contests involving participating merchants, owners, managers and employees of such merchants and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
4) No purchase is necessary in order to participate in any Station sponsored contest.
5) Station reserves the right to impose certain eligibility restrictions for specific contests. Such restrictions will be announced on-the-air prior to the implementation of the contest.
6) Unless otherwise specified, contestants will be permitted to win only once per contest per two week period. In major contests, station reserves the right to limit winners to one person per immediate family.
7) Unless otherwise specified, prizes must be claimed in person at the Station business office within thirty (30) days of winning. Prizes must be picked up during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Failure to claim any prize within the ten day period will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winners may be asked to provide proper identification when claiming prizes.
8) Prizes are not transferable, except in the case of major prizes (over $600), which will be awarded in the name of a parent or guardian if won by a minor.
9) All prizes are awarded to winners on an “as is” basis. Station is not responsible for the condition of the prize itself, nor is the Station liable for any damage or injury caused by any prize awarded by the station.
10)Winners agree to allow Station to make use of their name, photograph, likeness and/or audio recording of their voice for advertising and publicity purposes. Failure to sign a release to this effect may result in forfeiture of the prize(s).
11) Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In accordance with IRS regulations, any winner receiving a prize with a value in excess of $600 will be furnished a copy of IRS Form 1099 (Miscellaneous Income). A copy of this form will also be furnished to the IRS.
12) In the event an announced prize becomes unavailable or the supply becomes exhausted, Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value and the winner agrees to accept such prize without limitation.
13) Station is not responsible for circumstances beyond its control (telephone malfunctions, postal delivery delays, etc.), that may affect the outcome of a contest.
14) In contests involving mail-in entries, multiple entries in one envelope are permitted, however entries that arrive with postage due will not be accepted.
15) In contests involving written entries, only original hand-written entries will be accepted.
16) An affidavit of eligibility and/or a release from liability may be required in certain instances. Failure to sign such an affidavit, if requested, may result in forfeiture of the prize(s).
17) Station reserves the right to suspend any contest at anytime, if in its judgment, the contest participants have conducted themselves in an unfair manner or attempted in any way to influence the outcome of the contest.
18) In the event of a tie, Station reserves the right to conduct a tie-breaking contest, with rules and procedures to be determined by the management of the Station.
19) The Station reserves the right to change contest rules and procedures at any time, providing such changes are announced on-the-air prior to their implementation.
20) All matters not specifically addressed in these rules shall be determined at the sole discretion of the management of Station.
21) In the event of any dispute involving a contest, the decision of Station management is final.
The 99.9 FM WTUZ Facebook page is meant to be a fun environment for our fans to discuss 99.9 FM WTUZ and for future promotions and giveaways. By posting on this page you understand the terms and conditions of any and all future promotions and agree to the following terms:
I agree to release Facebook from any responsibility of this page and I understand that this page and content is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
You will not be asked to share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries”, and “tag your friends in this post to enter”
Though 99.9 FM WTUZ does not monitor every Facebook posting, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any postings and photos and those that especially fall in the following categories:
(1) are libelous profane, defamatory, disparaging, hateful, harassing, threatening, or obscene,
(2) violate another’s copyright or intellectual property;
(3) condone or promote illegal activity;
(4) are fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
(5) are otherwise sexual or offensive graphically or in tone;
(6) contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to this page;
(7) are off topic; or
(8) violate any local, state, federal, and/or international laws or regulations.
Please note that 99.9 FM WTUZ does not share or sell your information and does not endorse any opinions on this page not specifically posted by us.
Additionally, 99.9 FM WTUZ is not responsible for the accuracy of the claims, information, advice or comments posted by fans and visitors of the page.
99.9 FM WTUZ strongly encourages fans of this page to respect fellow community members and to follow Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. Anyone posting material that falls into the above categories will be removed and banned from participating in this Fan Page.
99.9 FM WTUZ also direct all fans to its website page located at www.wtuz.com/contests/wtuz-contest-rules/ for further disclaimers and notices regarding our Facebook page and other internet media.
For additional information about our Facebook policies please contact us at (330) 339-2222.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Promotion/Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who like our page or sign up by sending us a postcard and and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of The United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of WTUZ Inc.(the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of WTUZ Inc. as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online. The start and end dates of the contest are on the post this is linked too.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by being a Fan 99.9 FM WTUZ or by sending us a postcard with your name, address and phone number to the following 2424 East High Avenue, New Philadelphia, Ohio 44662. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of WTUZ Inc. You may enter only once and you must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of WTUZ Inc.
- Prizes: Winners will receive prizes that are listed on the post this is linked to. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for WTUZ Inc. to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection WTUZ Inc.shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that WTUZ Inc. anyone acting on behalf of WTUZ Inc. or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: WTUZ Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case WTUZ Inc. may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by WTUZ Inc.. WTUZ Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
WTUZ Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, WTUZ Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from WTUZ Inc.. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless [WTUZ Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OHIO , WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ohio having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: WTUZ 2424 East High Ave, New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is on the post that this is linked to.