<p>Michele Spring Reporting:

(Wednesday, December 26, 2018) New Philadelphia, Ohio – State Route 39 from New Philadelphia into Dover is set to be paved beginning in 2020.

New Philadelphia Service Director Ron McAbier says the Ohio Department of Transportation will take the lead in paving that portion of roadway.

“It’ll go from Dover’s Park-N-Ride, right there off of 77, through to our portion of our Park-N-Ride on the west end. That will travel all the way up to our railroad tracks there West High Ave.”

McAbier says ODOT will cover 80% of the cost while New Philadelphia will cover the remaining 20%. He noted that preconstruction estimates show the city will pay around $80,000.

Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2018