Nick McWilliams reporting – In light of extended power outages related to severe storms, residents can receive assistance to replace lost food.

The Tuscarawas County Job and Family Services Office is offering replacement benefits to anyone already receiving food assistance.

Those eligible are residents who had a power outage for four or more hours, and those who had food purchased through benefits that was destroyed due to the power outage.

Residents must call the TCJFS office within 10 days of power loss by dialing (330) 339-7791.

A replacement benefits form must be completed by the affected household, and all replacements must be based on the amount of food lost, which is not to exceed the monthly allotment for a client.

Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2022