The grand jury has indicted a 24-year-old New Philadelphia man for attempted murder months after police accused him of ramming his pickup truck into a man riding a bicycle.
Quintin Sarver faces the first-degree felony charge and a second-degree felonious assault charge for the Sept. 6 incident.
Tuscarawas County Sheriff Orvis Campbell at the time said Sarver confessed to intentionally striking 42-year-old Dustin Bowe on East High Avenue in Goshen Township. Campbell said there had been problems between the two.
“[Sarver] stated that he had been threatened by the individuals on numerous occasions in the past, and also that the individual had stolen from him.”
Bowe underwent multiple surgeries for brain trauma and bone fractures, according to Campbell. Sheriff’s officials say Bowe is missing half of his skull and is wheelchair bound. He is unable to use his right side but hopes to walk again.
Sarver has been out of jail since posting a $50,000 bond back in September. Judge Michael Ernest has yet to schedule a hearing in the case.
Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2025