Mary Alice Reporting – Dover firefighters responded to a Monday morning blaze on Blacksnake Hill Road.

The 4am call was toned out as a first alarm but was downgraded once on scene and crews had the blaze quickly extinguished.

Captain Joe Minocchi explains there was a 10 by 15 chicken coop, which was attached to a shed, on fire and both are a total loss.

He says five chickens and two ducks also died.

The accidental blaze is believed to have started due to a heat lamp in the coop.

Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2023