Nick McWilliams reporting – The city of New Philadelphia, bolstered by a large grant from the Ohio Department of Transportation, will complete over a million dollars’ worth of paving this year.
Starting off in July, crews and contractors will be out resurfacing streets throughout the city, with 16th Street paved from the corporation limit to just past State Route 39 under the grant.
In other paving news, Service Director Ron McAbier says that outside of the grant, over a half million will be completed through their paving budget.
“Overall, we’re paving just north of $1.6 million worth of paving in the city of New Phila this year. Hopefully that will make a dent in our streets. I know, naturally, there are streets out there that could have been done, but that [our list] is just over $550,000, and you can only do so much.”
The paving season will be between July and October in New Phila, and motorists in the city are reminded there could be some delays during this period.
2023 City of New Philadelphia Paving List
• Miller Avenue NW between Union Avenue NW and Tuscarawas Avenue NW
• Cedar Lane NW between 4th Street NW and Union Avenue NW
• 3rd Street NW from St. Clair Avenue SW to Ray Avenue NW
• Minnich Avenue NW from North Broadway to 4th Street NW
• Streb Drive NW
• Unnamed Alley beside Biggby Coffee
• Forbes Avenue NE
• 6th Street NE from East High Avenue to Beaverdam Creek
• 2nd Drive NE from Watson Circle NE south to dead-end
• Summit Avenue NE between 2nd Drive NE and 3rd Street NE
• Commercial Avenue SW from South Broadway to the corporation limit
• Springbrook Drive SE
• Jefferson Street SE from Springbrook Drive SE to Creekside Road SE
In addition, the following paving projects will be completed under the Small Cities Program:
• Wabash Avenue from 4th Street NW to Tuscarawas Avenue NW
• Ray Avenue NE from North Broadway to Beaver Avenue
• Mill Avenue SW from South Broadway to Front Avenue SW
• 16th Street SW from the corporation limit to just east of Pleasant Hill Road
Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2023