Nick McWilliams reporting – The vintage Ferris Wheel at Tuscora Park will be officially dedicated on Sunday at 3 p.m.

The wheel, built by the C.W. Parker Amusement Company in 1926, was rebuilt over the last two years, keeping it out of service during the revamping.

Passengers will take the inaugural trip around the wheel before an official opening to the public, marking the return of the tradition that park-goers have enjoyed for eight decades in New Phila after first opening in the 1940’s.

Roughly $250,000 was invested in the project, much of which came from community partners and residents. Dover Tank and Plate fabricated the structured and the renovated seats, adding two handicap accessible gondolas.

Gradall Industries also donated by powder-coating the ride.

Work started soon after newly enacted Ohio laws related to ride inspections showed the need for improvements.

RTY, Incorporated will open rides on May 27th for Memorial Day weekend. For more on what the park offers, visit

Copyright WTUZ Radio Inc., 2023